A Journal of Humor, Music, Art & Politics for Austin & the Surrounding World, Since 1974.
To arrive where we began & know it for the first time
All material on this website © 2020 by the artist credited and cannot be reprinted without that person's permission.
I loved to draw. As a child, while my parents chased their dreams through many hot, dusty small towns and cities in Texas and Oklahoma, I drew mine, in comic book format. In college, I continued to draw and later I was drawn to Austin and eventually to the Austin Sun where I could draw whatever I wanted. These days, I draw on a computer, but, luck of the draw, I had to wait 15 years from the time I left Texas for the personal computer to be invented.
While I was waiting, I drew Op-Ed political illustrations for syndication. In 1986 the South African aparteid government took offence at a drawing of mine and banned it from the Rand Daily Mail. Since the 90's I've focused on making digital drawings for publications, real and virtual. Currently I'm working on a collection of photographs "Beneath Our Feet / Art and Messages from the Underground" and writing and drawing a children's book.
I live in San Francisco - with my wife, Wendy - where the air is cool, the views are fantastic and the food is unbelievable, draws I can't resist.
To see more of my work, go to www.danhubig.com
Published in the Austin Sun:
- What in the World is the Matter with Abigail Goldman? (August 9, 2016)
- Rainy Day Diva (July 8, 2016)
- Looking Down Clarion Alley (June 29, 2016)
- Still Relevant / Political Art Series
- Cops and Guns (September 23, 2016)
- Sinking in the Polls (August 4, 2016)
- Guns Don't Kill People,
People WITH GUNS Do (August 3, 2016)
- Justice & the Winds of Change (July 19, 2016)
- The Border (July 5, 2016)
- Judicial Restraint (June 16, 2016)
- Walking & Shooting / Photo Series
Vol 1 (May 12, 2016)